Monday 15 March 2010

7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in progression from it to the full product?

Compared to the preliminary task, PA was substantially more organised and each step was planned. A schedule was followed and at the start of every planning, filming, or editing session we as a group went through our tasks. Research and planning had to be thorough. I find that personally I wasn’t well organised enough when it came to props and costume. As I was working with the Extras the most I had to organise each character and make sure they had clothes that was remotely similar to what was drafted.

Though this time, filming was very different as we (me and Jemma) were not the main actors. Filming took longer as there were more people and the extras took time to prepare and organise. Setting up the three Redheads and camera was very time consuming and the filming location (Drama room 1) had to be booked. Most of the filming was done after school, meaning taking time out of our timetables and at time suitable for everyone.

Skills in Creative decisions during editing has improved a lot for me. Transitions and effects such as Peephole and changing the saturation of the picture is done with the question of how it represents the characters/target audience/ genre/conventions before it is done. This makes the final product more refined and professional in comparison to the prelim.

Teamwork this time was a challenge. As PA is a main part of the course, there were a few debates and creative decisions that clashed. These were worked out and compromised well but it showed me that teamwork also means putting your ideas down in place for others if they have a stronger view of what the film should be.

I would like to develop my editing skills more as I worked primarily in the filming side of Poker’s Advocate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

and become an evil mastermind too!